I believe that the Passaic River cleanup is a great idea, because it will not only benefit the community around the site but also is a great step in the right direction for cleaning up the whole river. Hopefully, once people of the surrounding community can see how beneficial it is to have that section of the river clean than they can help push for the rest of the river to become a clean up site as well. However, I do believe that factories around the clean up site should not be allowed to continuously dump into the Passaic because that would be a huge step backwards.
Article on the Passaic River Clean Up:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/can-the-epa-clean-up-one-of-americas-most-toxic-rivers/2016/08/19/f9314c74-5829-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.htmlArticle on some Pollution in USA Waterways:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BypQRAy33pBCb1JmT3J5YU9Ucm8

I agree with your idea that the river clean up will be beneficial in the long run. Without a small starting point, there would likely be no continuation of the clean up process.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree! Why should the EPA clean up the river, if the companies will keep dumping toxins into the river.
ReplyDeleteYou're completely right about the cleanup being beneficial. I agree too that hopefully, once cleaned, the surrounding communities will fight for the entire Passaic to be cleaned.
ReplyDeleteYou make a really good point in stating that this one initiative may help to propel further clean up later on. In addition to that, I am also in agreement with more stringent regulations regarding the surrounding corporations' responsibility.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything you are saying. The factories need to take responsibility for what they have done. Maybe a new law can be enacted to help address this issue?
ReplyDeleteI agree with your statement that the factories must stop dumping waste into the river. This is the only way to make this project a success. The EPA must prevent the source of the problem in order to keep the river and environment clean.
ReplyDeleteThe companies must be held accountable, I agree. Another good point is that this could propel future cleanup projects!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog title and layout! This one was really popular for comments, which is great. Good use of images, colors and links. I wasn't able to access the Google Drive file - if you change the permission setting to public, I should be able to open it.
ReplyDelete